Golf Alfred Dunhill Championship Live Stream Preview


Golf Alfred Dunhill Championship Live Stream - Gregory Bourdy carved out a narrow lead at the Alfred Dunhill Championship in South Africa with a six-under-par opening round.

The Frenchman grabbed a one-shot advantage over a host of players on five-under after day one of the European Tour event at Leopard Creek.

His six birdies gave him a one-shot lead over South Africans Charl Schwartzel, Oliver Bekker, Louis de Jager and Darren Fichardt as well as English pair Richard Bland and Steve Webster.

"This isn't an easy course so I'm very happy to have played well here," said Bourdy, a three-time European Tour winner.

"I played very solid, consistent golf. I had a lot of birdie opportunities, but to make six is good enough for me."

The last time Bourdy led a golf tournament in South Africa he went on to win the Telkom PGA Championship by six strokes.

"I love South Africa," added the 30-year-old. "I've played a lot of tournaments here, and the Telkom PGA Championship win was key in my career. I had just lost my European Tour card and I came here and played well."

One stroke back, 2005 winner Schwartzel also went bogey-free as he targets back-to-back wins following his Thailand Golf Championship victory last week, his first title since his 2011 US Masters triumph.

"It's a nice start," he said."Whenever you can start off with a five under it's good. Like I always say you can't win on the first day, but you can sure lose it."

Among the chasing field are South African Branden Grace and Scott Jamieson of Scotland, who claimed the first win of the 2013 Race to Dubai at the inaugural Nelson Mandela Championship presented by ISPS Handa.

Meanwhile, David Lipsky of the US set the pace at the Asian Tour's Iskandar Johor Open by taking the first round lead with a nine-under-par 63 after the event resumed on Friday.

Poor weather forced play to be abandoned on Thursday and Lipsky was among the 84 players who returned early Friday morning to complete their round.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...