Leo Santa Cruz vs Alberto Guevara 99 Live Stream



Leo Santa Cruz vs Alberto Guevara 99 Live Stream

Live Stream : Boxing TV Downloads

BOXING: CBS to televise Saturday's fight at Sports Arena. For the first time since Bernard Hopkins stopped Glen Johnson in the 11th round in July 1997, boxing will be televised on CBS this weekend.

That's 15 long years, and Richard Schaefer is more than stoked to be one of the people responsible for this coup that will see Leo Santa Cruz defend his bantamweight belt against Alberto Guevara at the Los Angeles Sports Arena.

Doors open at 12:30 p.m. Saturday with the first bell set for 1. The CBS broadcast begins at 1:30. Best of all, admission is free as a prelude to the nighttime card that will feature former super-lightweight champion Amir Khan against Carlos Molina in the main event on Showtime. Fans presenting their free ticket stubs from the day event to the night event will get a 20 percent discount toward a ticket for Khan-Molina while supplies of those tickets last.

"We at Golden Boy have done many big fights, from the biggest one - Oscar De La Hoya-Floyd Mayweather - which broke all records," said Schaefer, CEO of Golden Boy Promotions. "It was an exciting atmosphere there. But to bring boxing back on network television with a world championship fight, with one of the most exciting fighters, I think, tops the biggest fights we've done.

"It's extremely satisfying because we always wanted to do that, finally be back on network television."

Santa Cruz is equally pleased to be part of this somewhat historic occasion.

"This is such an unbelievable opportunity," said Santa Cruz, who attended Lincoln High in Los Angeles. "To fight on CBS is the greatest exposure you can get.

"I've always considered myself a hard worker, but I have worked even harder for this. I'm always a little nervous, but I'm already a little more nervous than usual."

Santa Cruz (20-0-1, 12 KOs) will be trying to make the third successful defense of his belt. Guevara, of San Diego, is 16-0 with six knockouts. This will be his first shot at a title.

Like Santa Cruz, Guevara almost can't believe he is going to be duking it out on network television.

"I really can't describe how happy I am to be fighting for a world title on such a great network like CBS," he said. "This is definitely as good as it gets. I'm very proud to be part of this event, but what's important to me is to be able to take advantage of the opportunity."

Diaz to debut

It was only a few months ago that Joseph Diaz Jr. of South El Monte represented the United States in the Olympic Games in London. He will make his professional debut on the Santa Cruz-Guevara undercard, and his fight with Vicente Alfaro (5-2, 1 KO) will also be televised on CBS.

Diaz signed a five-year promotional deal with Golden Boy last week.

"I think the timing is perfect for me to turn pro," said Diaz, 19. "I waited a little, looking for the best fit, and Golden Boy fit perfectly."

Diaz is anxious to get going.

"All things considered, I'm pretty calm," he said. "I'll probably get a case of the nerves in the dressing room on fight night, but once I get in the ring I'll be ready to rumble."

Diaz went 1-1 in the Olympics. He was a two-time U.S. national amateur champion.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...